DVS has received the following awards:
- PETA Compassionate Business Award (2014)
- HOUR magazine's Best Vegan Restaurant in the City(2014, 2015, 2016)
- HOUR magazine's Best Soul Food (2016)
- Metro Times Best Soul Food(2014)
- Metro Times Best Vegan/Healthy Food Restaurant (2015, 2016)
- Compassionate Business Award ~ PETA
- Best Vegan City ~ HOUR Magazine
- Best Soul Food in Detroit ~ MetroTimes
- Best Vegetarian ~ Real Detroit Weekly
New York Times – “In Detroit: Revitalizing Taste By Taste” (2014)
CNN – “Best Cities for Vegans Around the World” (2017)
DVS in the News
DVS in the Press
New video for Detroit Vegan Soul will charm your senses
Detroit Metro Times (blog) - Nov 24, 2015
There's a very interesting new promotional video for Detroit Vegan Soul. Owners Erika Boyd and Kristen Ussery talk about the business, ...
Guerrilla Food, Astro Coffee, and Six More Food Businesses...
Eater Detroit (blog) - Nov 2, 2015
Corktown's Astro Coffee, food truck Guerrilla Food, and Detroit Vegan Soul are among this year's recipients. Each business will receive...
Black-Eyed Pea & Collard Greens Soup from Chef Erika Boyd
Blac Magazine Detroit - Nov 2015
How Thanksgiving taught her to pour her 'heart and soul' into any cooking style.
‘People’s Place’ offers soul food recipes, travelogue
The Detroit News - Oct 30, 2015
Detroit Vegan Soul's Co-Owner and Executive Chef, shares her black-eyed pea hummus recipe.
Vegetarian fare isn't hard to find in Metro Detroit
The Detroit News - Oct 26, 2015
Detroit Vegan Soul: This soul-food cafe serves a 100 percent...Seva: One of the only vegetarian restaurants on this list with a full bar (we can...
Trillist Picks 17 Detroit-Area Restaurants 'That Make an Impact...
Deadline Detroit - Mar 26, 2015
Thrillist Picks 17 Detroit-Area Restaurants 'That Make an Impact Beyond... Moreso than perhaps any other major metropolitan area, Detroit's...